This is a very healthy and easy preparation. A great way to consume greens. Though it is simple to prepare but very flavorful. It makes a good side dish with your protiens like dal, paneer (cottage cheese) and chicken.
- Potatoes - 4 nos. boiled, peeled and diced
- Spring onions - 100 - 120 grams (4 5- stalks) washed and finely chopped
- Fenugreek leaves - 25 grams, washed and finely chopped
- Spinach - 25 grams, washed and finely chopped
- Tomatoes - 2 medium, pureed
- Dry red chilies - 3- 4 or as per your taste
- For tempering: -
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Jeera (cumin) - 1 teaspoon
- Spice mix: -
- Turmeric powder - 1/ teaspoon
- Coriander pwoder - 2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon, or as per your taste
- Garam masala - 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
Soak the dry red chilies in a little hot water for 30 mins. Once they become soft make a paste of it in the blender.
Puree the tomatoes and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan or a wok, temper it with cumin seeds, add the red chilies paste and cook it well till you see the oil on its sides (3-5 mins). Keep stirring or the paste would stick to the bottom of the wok or pan.
Add tomato puree and cook for a minute. Now add potatoes, fenugreek leaves, spring onions and spinach along with turmeric,
Now add potatoes, fenugreek leaves, spring onions and spinach along with turmeric, coriander, and salt. Cook the vegetable for 5- 7 minutes till all the greens are cooked. Stir few times during the cooking process.
Serve it hot with parantha or chapati.
If you do not have one of the greens then you can use just use one or two of them. Do increase their quantity accordingly.